- This event has passed.
Annual Fall Work Bee
September 14 @ 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
What is a Work Bee?
We consider it to be a day that we are literally as busy as honeybees and work, work, work! It is the perfect time of the year to address any maintenance that is necessary after summer.
This year’s Annual Fall Work Bee is on Saturday September 14th from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Volunteers please arrive at 9:00 AM. After the work is done we will have a complimentary hot dog cook out! The staff will provide grilled hot dogs, snacks and refreshments for all volunteers participating that day!
** Please complete the form below so we know how many volunteers to anticipate and provide lunch for **
What will I be doing at the Work Bee?
Assignments are given out at the start of the day–9:00 AM. If you have an interest in something particular, let us know! Our goal is to utilize a volunteer’s individual strengths as much as possible. Here are some areas we plan to tackle:
- Working with the staff to declutter offices and the Dutcher Room storage area
- Splitting wood for the sugar shack
- Sprucing up the trails, gardens, and paved walkways
- Weeding around the buildings and gardens
- Wash windows, bird feeders, and outdoor signage
- Cleaning foliage and debris from ponds
- Place wood chips on the Natural Playscape and other areas of need
- Apply sealant to picnic tables and sand/paint wood benches
- Cleaning and organizing the McLaughlin pole barn
- Dust Exhibit Room & Gift Shop
- Cleaning the turtle tank
- Cleaning and sanitizing within the Little Acorn Classroom
We welcome you to bring your own personal equipment such as rakes, work gloves, garden shears, and other tools that would help assist the process. Remember to dress for the elements!
Feel free to contact the office at 517-782-3453 should you have questions or concerns. Thank you!