The mission of the Dahlem Little Acorns Nature Preschool is to provide an environment for children to explore, create, imagine, learn and grow through hands-on activities and experiences; to promote social, emotional and cognitive skills; and to instill a lifelong love, respect and understanding of nature.
At Dahlem we believe every child should have the opportunity to enjoy nature and that children are eager and excited to learn by doing. The Little Acorns program promotes learning by:
- Establishing a learning environment that provides opportunity for exploration, experimentation and imagination;
- Developing age-appropriate activities that encourage and promote learning;
- Asking questions and providing the knowledge and experiences to encourage children’s ability to problem solve;
- Encouraging children to work together to achieve a common goal; and
- Enabling children to develop and nurture relationships between peers and adults.
School Year Schedule
The preschool year is August 20, 2018 through May 24, 2019.
- 4-year-old class: Monday through Thursday: 12:30-3:30 PM; $275 per month (FULL – Please contact Dahlem to be added to the waiting list)
- 3-year-old class: Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30-11:30 AM; $150 per month (FULL – Please contact Dahlem to be added to the waiting list)
- 3-year-old class: Monday and Wednesday: 8:30-11:30 AM; $150 per month (FULL – Please contact Dahlem to be added to the waiting list)
Classes are held in the Nature Preschool Classroom at the Dahlem Center. There is one classroom teacher and one assistant overseeing each class with a maximum of 14 children per class.