It is the perfect time of the year to address any maintenance that is necessary after summer. This year’s Annual Fall Work Bee is on Saturday October 9th, 2021 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Volunteers please arrive at 8:45 AM to sign in and complete a Health Screening form. Assignments are given out at the start of the day at 9:00 AM. After the work is done we will have a complimentary Tailgate Lunch! The staff will provide a lite lunch, and refreshments for all volunteers participating this day!
** Please complete the form below so we know how many volunteers to anticipate and provide lunch for **
What will I be doing at the Work Bee?
Assignments are given out at the start of the day at 9:00 AM. If you have an interest in something particular, let us know! Our goal is to utilize a volunteer’s individual strengths as much as possible. Here are some areas we plan to tackle:
- Clear out invasive plants in new designated light-workout stations along the Nature For All Trail
- Remove invasive plants… many areas throughout the property
- Place woodchips on the Natural Playscape and other areas of need
- Weeding around the buildings
- Put the gardens to bed for the winter
- Wash windows and indoor walls
- Wash bird feeders and outdoor signage
- Clean and organize the McLaughlin pole barn
- Other tasks will be added to the list
We welcome you to bring your own personal equipment such as rakes, garden shears, shovels, and other tools that would help assist the process. Friendly reminder; to dress for the weather, bring your work gloves and a full bottle of water!
Most participants will be working outdoors, wear a face mask when indoors or when working closely with others, and observe social distancing.
Feel free to contact the office at 517-782-3453 ext. 0 should you have questions or concerns. Thank you!