The Reason for a Flower Program is for ages 1-5 years old attending with an adult caregiver.
Program Description: After story time, we’ll take a short walk to find an assortment of seeds. Where do they come from and how do they get dispersed? Seeds and plants are food, and seeds are also next year’s plants. Today you will plant some seeds in a small pot and grow them at home.
Fee per Program: $8 per child ($5 Dahlem member); free for an adult caregiver & infants. Additional children older than 5 years are charged the program fee.
Advanced Registration Required. Please register online at www.dahlemcenter.org/events or call 517-782-3453 to reserve your spot for you and your mighty naturalist(s). Payment due upon registration.
Cancellation Policy: Registered participants who did not attend program and/or give minimum 24 hour cancellation notice will not be refunded.
Share your love of nature with your young child(ren). We will explore and play with nature while developing critical early childhood skills and growing self-confidence. The Mighty Naturalist Programs are geared toward children 5 years and younger with an adult caregiver to learn about animals, winter survival, birds, tracks, and more. Each program offers a different theme and activities to give you and your mighty naturalist many program opportunities. Invite your friends to sign up, too.
Mighty Naturalist Schedule December 2023-March 2024
1) December 8 — All About Turtles (live turtles!)
2) December 15 — Tree-ific Seasons
3) January 5 (Winter Break) — Nature’s Textures Art Class
4) January 12 — When Winter Comes
5) January 19 — In a Nutshell
6) January 26 — The Living Tree House
7) February 2 – Super Squirrely and cousin Groundhog
8) February 9 — Feathered Friends with Beaks
9) February 16 — Winter Survival
10) March 22 (Spring Break) — The Reason for a Flower