- This event has passed.
Annual Fall Work Bee – Oct. 1, 2022
October 1, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 1:00 PMFREE
It is the perfect time of the year to address any maintenance that is necessary after summer. This year’s Annual Fall Work Bee is on Saturday October 1st, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Volunteers please arrive at 8:45 AM to sign in. Assignments are given out at the start of the day at 9:00 AM. After the work is done we will have a complimentary Tailgate Lunch! The staff will provide a lite lunch for all volunteers participating this day!
** Please complete the form below so we know how many volunteers to anticipate and provide lunch for **
What will I be doing at the Work Bee?
Assignments are given out at the start of the day at 9:00 AM. If you have an interest in something particular, let us know! Our goal is to utilize a volunteer’s individual strengths as much as possible. Here are some areas we plan to tackle:
- Remove old fencing along S. Jackson Rd.
- Clear out invasive plants in designated light-workout stations along the Nature For All Trail
- Remove invasive plants… many areas throughout the arboretum
- Place woodchips on the Natural Playscape
- Weeding around the buildings
- Put the gardens to bed for the winter
- Wash windows and indoor walls (hallway and restrooms)
- Wash bird feeders
We welcome you to bring your own personal equipment such as rakes, garden shears, shovels, and other tools that would help assist the process. Friendly reminder; to dress for the weather, bring your work gloves and a full bottle of water! Most participants will be working outdoors. THANK YOU for your consideration and support for Jackson’s Nature Place.